DARWIN WINS AGAIN

Teen takes bath.

Brings phone ……..

…..connected to charger.

BZZZZZTT!!!

A teenage girl has died after she was electrocuted while trying to charge her phone when she was taking a bath.

Madison Coe, 14, was in the tub in her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, when the accident happened on Sunday morning.

The 14-year-old’s family said she ‘either plugged her phone in or simply grabbed her phone that was already plugged in’ while sat in the bath, electrocuting herself, KCBD reports.

Donna O’Guinn, Madison’s heartbroken grandmother, spoke to the station about the 14-year-old.

‘I call her my shining star,’ O’Guinn said. ‘She was very smart. Very good student in school. She just loved life.’

‘She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her.’

The grieving grandmother then explained how there was a ‘burn mark’ on Madison’s hand from where she grabbed the phone, before adding she hopes it can be a lesson to others in future.

‘This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else,’ she told KCBD.

Coe, 14, was in the tub in her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, when the accident happened on Sunday morning

‘And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.

‘We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix.’

Madison recently graduated from the eighth grade. She played basketball for his school and was a member of Terra Vista Middle School’s band.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to DARWIN WINS AGAIN

  1. bogsidebunny says:

    Dial “M” for Moron!

Comments are closed.