This time they are granting
refugees terrorists who lived in Grenfell a 12 month visa pass.…without even bothering to check them out for terror ties.
The Home Office said it would not conduct immigration checks on survivors and those coming forward with information.
Labour called for a wider “amnesty”.
Meanwhile, ministers have ordered a taskforce to help run Kensington and Chelsea Council, which has faced heavy criticism for its handling of disaster.
The specialist team will take over the running of key services, including housing and the longer term recovery of the area in North Kensington.
At least 80 people died in the fire on 14 June.
The Home Office said its priority was to see residents “deal with the extremely difficult circumstances” so they could start to rebuild their lives.
In a written statement to Parliament, Home Office minister Brandon Lewis said: “Everyone affected by this tragedy needs reassurance that the government is there for them at this terrible time and we will continue to provide the support they need to help them through the difficult days, weeks and months to come.”
He said extending the period of leave to remain for foreign residents affected by the fire would also allow them to assist the police and other authorities with their inquiries.
Shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said the government should give permanent residency to the residents.
“Some survivors have literally lost everything in this horrific tragedy, all their possessions, homes and loved ones,” she said.
“The idea that on top of this they could be deported later is grotesque.”
A statement from the Met Police said 250 specialist investigators were working on the inquiry into the fire and the last visible human remains were removed from Grenfell Tower on Monday.
Met Police Commander Stuart Cundy said there had been a total of 87 “recoveries” but, due to the “catastrophic damage” inside, that did not mean 87 people.
So far, 21 people have been formally identified and their families informed.
More inquests into the deaths of victims have been opened, with the Westminster coroner hearing the body of one of the oldest people to have been killed was identified by dental records.
Dr Fiona Wilcox was told the body of 84-year-old Sheila, formerly known as Sheila Smith, was found on the 16th floor, while Vincent Chiejina, 60, was recovered from the 17th floor and identified by DNA.
Earlier, housing minister Alok Sharma fought back tears as he told the Commons of hearing “harrowing accounts” from survivors, saying it had been the most “humbling and moving experience of my life.
Only 14 out of the 158 affected families have accepted offers of temporary accommodation but ministers say no-one will be forced to move.
Mr Sharma said 19 families “have not yet been ready to engage” in the process of being rehoused, while others were waiting for offers of permanent tenancy and many were still in hotels.
But he acknowledged some residents still had a “lack of trust” in the authorities.
Elizabeth Campbell, who is taking over as the new Kensington and Chelsea Council leader, denied the council was “being taken over by outside commissioners” after the government sent in a taskforce to run some of its services.
“We have asked people to come because we need more help because this is something on a national scale,” she said.
“We will do absolutely everything we can as a council to help our community and to help our community heal.”