Can’t say much about the son’s intelligence, though.

An Ohio teenager died of a suspected heroin overdose on Saturday after allegedly getting into his father’s drug stash.

Nathan Wylie, 13, was taken to hospital on March 28 after he apparently consumed drugs owned by his father, Robert Wylie, 40, who was allegedly also on drugs at the time. A family member said they were both living on the streets.

This was just the latest – and most tragic – in a string of incidents for Robert, who was also arrested in December after he and Nathan were found in a car full of drugs driving through a seedy section of Dayton, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Wylie and his colleague from a roofing business took Nathan to a Dayton fire station after the boy fell unconscious in a garage next door on March 28. It’s not clear why they were at the garage.

The co-worker told medics that Wylie was on drugs and that Nathan had ‘got into his stuff,’ a police report said.

Medics gave Nathan four milligrams of Narcan, a spray used to reverse the effects of opioid overdoses, without any success.

He was taken to Miami Valley Hospital because he was not breathing, and was pronounced dead at 11:56am Saturday.

Dayton police Lt. Andrew Booher said on Monday that police don’t ‘know what kind of drugs’ Nathan had consumed before his death.

‘We’re still waiting for a [toxicology] report from the coroner’s office,’ he added. An officer told DailyMail.com that it could take six-to-eight weeks for the report to arrive.

A second child was removed from Wylie’s home as a precaution, police said. The father was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment.

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.


  1. bogsidebunny says:

    One less fucking moron to pollute the gene pool. Ooh-Rah!

Comments are closed.