She’s now brain-dead.
Qwasi Reid, who works for Assist Ambulance, was transporting a nursing home patient last Wednesday with his partner when he said they were flagged down at a red light by a frantic man who told them that a student was choking. Reid said his partner, who was not reprimanded by the company, told the man they already had a patient and there was nothing they could do.
Reid, who has driven ambulances for four years, said he knew the choking girl took a priority over the transport, and against his partner’s urging, jumped out of the ambulance’s back door and administered first aid to the girl, who he said had already turned blue. No one at the school was rendering first aid, he said.
“I don’t regret it,” Reid, who said he is suspended without pay, told FoxNews.com. “I’d do it again. If I know there’s a child choking, I’m going to do my best to help her.”
What’s worse is that she choked on a “First Wookie” lunch.
In case you wanted to know what I thought:
1. why was NO ONE at the school helping?
2. where are the pro-bono attorneys lined up to help this guy?