Trying to return to some form of normalcy but being hosted at WordPress is making it difficult.
Not impossible, though.
At the old place I used to pre-schedule stuff in order to make my life easier. It’s like mass production: open a shitload of tabs and then copy/paste titles and content along with categories. It got so I could do 30 in about 10 minutes. Stuff like the humor and eye candy.
So I try the same thing here.
“Not so fast, pal!!” is what it was trying to tell me.
First I had to learn the code for where the images hide out. Then I realized they’re put in by month, every month. OK. I can deal with that. I just need to change my template every month.
There’s a tool to dump a bunch of images at once but I had to make sure they were small enough so that they’d fit (pixel-wise) and not take up my bandwidth (yes, I am limited to three gig.) I currently have about 70 of them in there already and have hit 3 meg. At this rate this blog will exceed its limits within 2.5 years unless I upgrade by then and at today’s rates they want $100 a year.
Anyhow, I uploaded a few test images which I had re-named sequentially as it makes my batch upload process much faster.
I had the code right but could not get the pictures to show up. Tried all sorts of stuff but no luck. Then I noticed one picture in particular would not load properly. For some reason I decided to take a closer look at my file naming convention and compared it to a picture that DID load properly a couple of days ago. I noticed there was a space put in by Win7. I deleted it on several test photos and tried again.
So then I renamed all of them again using the BulkRenameUtililty program and a couple did not show up. HMMMM!!!! Then I noticed the file name was in CAPS. Changed it and the problem disappeared.
So now I know a few more things and re-named all the several hundred images I had stored to eliminate those two hiccups-in-waiting.
One more issue I need to resolve is that if the images I currently have stored are already imbedded with a title I need to find a way to strip that as WP automatically adopts it and my embeds won’t work. So far there aren’t that many and I can fix them rather easily.
Took me two hours this morning. I was pissed. But am now over it.
I am going to have to think about this whole thing soon but for right now I will press on.